Savevid is a life savior tool if you want to save some of the videos from popular video and social platforms, such as Facebook, Vimeo, eHow, MySpace, Dailymotion, Metacafe and others. This tool saves video downloads in the following formats: AVI, FLV, MOV, MPG, WMV. One of the main reasons this service is so vastly used is due to the fact that it’s free and user-friendly. The one thing that you need to do in order to get a video from the aforementioned websites is just to copy and then paste the video link to the download bar, and simply click “Download” button. Before the download starts, you get to choose the type and quality of the downloaded video.
If everything is so easy and accessible for everyone, why would you even search for an alternative for your Mac? That’s because sometimes, it fails doing its job. One of the examples is when it’s trying to save a video from YouTube, and constantly sends the “Could not find any download links or site not supported” notification. When this happens, you need to know what steps are imperative for you to take, and in that case, you can choose from one of the best Savevid alternatives for Mac: Airy, Folx or Elmedia Player PRO which will help you in your downloading errands.
Clearly, you will need something fast, simple and reliable. Apart from that, even if you run into some kind of an issue, tech support is at your disposal at all times. The player in question is ElmediaPlayer PRO byEltimaSoftware. This is a freemedia player for Mac which supports all of the formats you may need. PRO version allows you to enjoy high-quality download on almost every single site you may come across.
In order to download any video with Elmedia Player PRO, these are the steps you need to take:
1. Open the application and active PRO version using the code you can get for $19.95
2. Switch to browser mode in your player. You can change it from the main menu (Window → Browser).
3. Paste the copied link and click Enter
4. Choose the file you want to save from the list under the video and simply click Download.
5. If, by any chance you want to save only the sound, and not the video, just switch to the Audio tab and choose the desired format to save the file in.
Second Savevid Alternative for Mac
If you are interested solely in YouTube and nothing else, you can have a second Savevid alternative for Mac. Airy downloader is a light app which can enable you to download from YouTube in just a couple of clicks. These are the following steps:
1) Paste the link into the Airy
2) Choose the file type
3) Download it
You can even add myriads of links at the same time. This app supports channel and playlist download, which can save you a lot of time. Free version allows you to download the first two videos, so if you find this app interesting, you can buy it and enjoy its features to the fullest!
Folx is an app which is first of all: a download manager, meaning that you can download videos from YouTube. Folx allows you to send all downloaded content to iTunes in its PRO version. Savevid certainly doesn’t have that feature. You can download YouTube videos via Folx if you:
1) Paste the YouTube link into Folx window and press Enter
2) You can even make certain adjustments like: add tags to downloads for easier file location, select the destination folder, set the download to start either automatically, manually or schedule it, select the desired video format
3) Click OK to finish the task
*Another tip is to search for downloaded content by using Spotlight.
All of these apps may serve as an excellent alternative to Savevid on Mac, and even though they are not free, with their reasonable price comes satisfactory quality which may help you realize that when Savevid fails, there are effective and easy ways to overcome that setback.